Friday, March 13

Mom, It spoke to me.

Notice anything different?

Paige saw a little girl getting her ears pierced at the mall recently and thought it might be something she would want to do.  Henry and I weren't so sure.  He likes the idea of a tomboy.  I own three pair of earrings (I only actually wear one pair.).  If I wore a bracelet on my wedding day, that would have been the last time (I don't remember.).  The last time I wore a necklace, I was pregnant with Paige (I think I own two but neither has ever been worn out of the house.).  She doesn't get it from me, but I have no objections to Paige wanting to be a girly-girl. She has been on a jewelry kick lately and thinks Claire's is a wonderland.  Last week she brought me a bracelet and asked if she could have it.  I didn't really think it was necessary until Paige stated her case, "Mom, it spoke to me."  She made me chuckle...so I bought it (figuratively and literally).  I am sure she heard that line on a movie: no points for originality but definitely points for style and delivery.

Well, yesterday Paige and I were at the mall making some returns when she asked if she could get her ears pierced.  I said we needed to call Daddy first.  He reluctantly gave the go-ahead. She was so excited and so nervous.  It was cute because I don't think I have ever seen her truly nervous before.  She was even shaking a little.  They did one ear at a time and Paige didn't flinch or make a peep for either side.  She said it only hurt a little.









Nervous Before















     






          Excited After  









I am indifferent about the new holes on her head, but it sure is fun to see my little girl so excited.  Paige wanted me to take pictures so everyone could see her new bling, pink of course.  She is already asking to go shopping for more earrings.  She was a bit disappointed when I told her she can't take the starters out for 6 weeks.  "Ugh, 6 weeks!"  I could have said 6 centuries and it would have elicited an identical response.  She doesn't understand how long that is but it sounds like an awful long time to have to wait to accessorize.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment