Tuesday, November 17

Take a Picture. It'll Last Longer.


Hey Baby, Say Cheese!
I have an adorable video clip of this too.  But alas, technology interferes and I cannot get it into my video editing software.  It consists of Blake saying (repeatedly) in a high pitched sing-song voice "Say cheese Honey.  Blake takin' yo pic-cha."

I love those moments when one of the kids says something that just makes me smile.  These moments often stem from a comment they make when they are mistaken, misunderstand, or are misunderstood.  But what makes me grin ear to ear is when I can understand where their misdirected reasoning is coming from.

I was driving with Blake and Paige on our way to St. Cloud the other day when this absolutely fantastic conversation took place.  First, Blake brings up the following topic out of no where.  He has obviously been thinking about this for awhile during the car ride.

Blake  "Flies must be REALLY smart."
Mom   "Why do you say that?"
Blake  "They have about a million lenses in their eyes.  It would be very difficult to get your brain to focus on all of that information at once."
Mom    "Yes, I guess that would be difficult."
Blake  "We only have two and sometimes that is a lot to concentrate on."

Blake then realizes that poor Paige has no idea what we are talking about since this is obviously something that you don't learn until 2nd grade science class.  So he takes it upon himself to share his vast knowledge on the subject.

Blake  "Paige, flies have a million lenses in their eyes but humans only have two."
Paige   "Oh."
Blake  "The lens in each eye is how you see.  It functions like a camera.  Except it doesn't really take a picture...Unless you have photographic memory.

Yep, there it was.  That wonderful moment where something your child says brings true joy because it is funny and innocent and thoughtful and so many other things all wrapped into one.

Blake   "Right Mom?"

I can't answer right now, I am still smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment